Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Beginnings

I decided to start a blog today (obviously). I've found I get almost all my ideas and recipes from blogs, so why not make my own creativity available to the world?
A little about me-I'm a 28 year old stay at home mom. Sometimes it's the best job in the world and other days I feel like jumping off the roof! I have 2 children of my own, a mischievous 4 1/2 year old son and a beautiful one year old daughter. I also have a 7 (almost 8!) year old step daughter. We have one kitty who lives outside and spends most of his time lazing on the porch.
We live on a small dairy farm in the middle of NOWHERE. My SIL and her husband run the farm and live right next door. They have 5 kids, 4 dogs, a guinea pig, a hedgehog, and several outside kitties.
So really, when I freak out and say it's a zoo around here I'm not kidding!
I'm passionate about baking and love gardening. I enjoy experimenting with crafts and am going to start trying my hand at sewing as well.
You will find as you get to know me and family that we your pretty typical middle class family. I can, in no way, be classified as any particular "type" of mom. We use cloth diapers (love!) and I am avid breastfeeding advocate but my house is usually a mess, my kids run amok and get into all varieties of misadventure, we eat meat, use sugar, and even eat in front of the TV some days.
So that's us in a nutshell. Stay tuned for the trials and tribulations of "mommyhood", fun craft ideas, excellent recipes, and whatever else I decide to throw on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment